Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just purchased my C-max. An '04 2.0 tdci Ghia. Very impressed with it so far!

My mate has a focus and has changed the locking so that all the doors auto-lock once the car reaches 5mph. This is an un-documented feature but seems to be very handy with having kids in the car.

Has anyone tried this on the C-max to see if it works? I've posted a link to the site with instructions below..

http://www.focusfanatics.com/howtos/autolock/

Thanks
James

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I'm not sure. If it's the same as on the normal focus then it will unlock with the handles, I really don't know about auto-locking below 5mph though. Will give it a try at some point and post back

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Now this is interesting.
I had this on my Mitsubishi Delica, hit 5 mph and all the locks would go on.
Great feature, more so in the times we live in.
As for unlocking, when I opened my door on the Delica, all the doors locks would open but they are not like black taxis were the locks open under 5 mph on there own.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cant see this working on the cmax as i think the focus has a seperate button to lock all doors cmaxers only have the handle or have some people got a power lock button?

edit: off to try it just printed destructions if i`m not back in ten minutes send help as i`ll be locked in!!

ok it doesnt work on mine as i havent got a power door button and the handles are either locked or open still tried it though. All the neighbours now think i`m daft!!!
Edited by: lazyb

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've given it a go and can't seem to get it to work either. I'm kind of relieved as I thought I was just being a numpty!

Shame though, would have been nice to have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts