Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
just fitted my silver bits to my dash, now im happy with the way it looks.got a kuga centre panel which is a straight swap for the black one which goes round the radio andheater controls. and kuga gear stick surround and painted the rest with plasticote silver, ie.air vent surrounds and the thin piece on the passenger side,looks well good now

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nudge,
Get some photos up..... I bet it looks nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would love to put some pics on but wouldnt have a clue how to do it only just got a computer and struggle with it. i will ask one of my pals to see how i go about puttin pics on
does look good though

Not at all fiddly very easy takes about 20 mins to remove it all and same to replace

·
Registered
615 Posts
what the part number for the dash surround please as ford told me what yu have done cant be done. they told me a kuga dash trim wont fit in a c max when i asked them around 4 months ago there full of it ford no help at all. can you please post the part number.

·
Registered
280 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part number for dash surround is1567021,i have a cuple of pics on my fone if any one wants to have a look at you would have to leave me a contact number and i will forward a pic on. i jus need a silver 6000 cd or am thinking of fitting a pioneer navgate system, also fitted the iluminated gear knob there cool,gona order aswell focus st door pulls in silver where elec window switches are. NUDGE.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nudge,

so you're definitely going for the 'bling' look then....

It will look nice if its not over done...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YEAH not to much bling though just what i think ford should of put in the max themselves. wouldnt mind gettin hold of a blue screen and drivers and passenger windows in blue and the two little triangle ones they look well cool

·
Registered
5 Posts
how much is the console i might get it in the uk or north as fraud are a rip off in southern ireland or can it be got through a factors it looks a hell of a lot better than a black one

·
Registered
615 Posts
I went to ford again yesterday and enquired about doing this changing the center console fascia off a kuga and fitting it on my c max. I was told it cant be done by them. I have found a picture of a kuga zetec that has the same console fascia as my car. I have the air con button and air reserculation button and at the top inbetween the two vents I have my hazards and air bag on/off light. The picture I have found is the same fascia looking at it but ford say it cant be done. I also was told that if it could be done that I am looking at paying a £110 plus vat for the part.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Stereo surround is about £35 max I've bought a few in my time as that's where I housed the touchscreen on my old C-Max.
Parts guys will only read off the screen generally speaking so I wouldn't pay too muchattentionto them if I were you.
If you really want it let me know and I'll look into it. I know the guy at my local dealership quite well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
THANKS MATE
I do want the silver surround I have been in ford three times now and been told the same thing cant be done. I mean the only difference this time was I was told the price of the part and that blew me away. I would not be surprised if it was £110 to change as I had to buy two new indicator lights for my wing mirrors and they cost £40. I would greatly aprechiate any help as I want to change it as I think it would look so much better.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Send me a private message if you haven't heard from me by end of the day tomorrow. I'll try and get a price for you.

Would there be any other members interested in me getting one for them? The guy at my parts dept can get things from the place of manufacture so it works out slightly cheaper. Normally Ford buy them and then house them in this country so they're available over night where as this takes a couple of days longer. All genuine parts in the proper Ford boxes/bags (however they come packed).

·
Registered
615 Posts
I decided to be clever so I looked on ebay for a ford kuga that was for sale. I then took the reg phoned up ford and gave it to them and they told me straight away the price £25 sorted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts