Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm looking into C-Max's and would like to know if all are equipped with Isofix fittings or if they were options...?

I've checked the specs listed on the home page and done a quick search but theres nothing obvious. Can anyone help?

I'm looking at 54 plate Ghia at the mo if it makes any difference.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have a 54 plate ghia and not fitted on ours.
I think you can have them retro fitted.
If memory serves me right, there was a post about this somewhere in this forum.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I fI rember correctly the seats have the bars included but no fittings
There were xome difficulties with leather trim though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gents,
I've since managed to find out from my local dealer that provisions are supplied with the fittings fitted as a no cost option at build or £12.77 + VAT per seat aftermarket. They insist the fittings are easily screwed into place by the customer.

I'll try to find the other thread.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah the bars are inside the seat. the kit comes with a template, you just mark the squares out where to cut. cut it out push the plastic guides in the hole and they lock onto bars in seat and thats it mate takes 10 mins to do. NUDGE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Nudge, sounds easy enough.
I finalised the sale today so will be ordering the parts tomorrow.
Will try to remember to take photos and detail the steps for a guide...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did this to our Cmax. All I will say os just make sure the supplied template is correct and that the holes align with your baby seat !

·
Registered
118 Posts
A friend of mine had them retro fitted by a Ford dealer, looked like they had employed Edward Scissorhands to do the job! The ended up having to replace the whole seat squab!

Don't think all ISOFIX seats fit either. If you've already got the seat i'd recommend trying it in a Cmax with the points already fitted.

Bizarrely, whilst ISOFIX is supposed to be an international standard, it isn't a guarantee all ISOFIX seats will fit in all ISOFIX cars!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I went in an 05 plate Renault Megane at the weekend, it even has factory fit (standard spec) ISOFIX in the front passenger seat (as well as the rear). It was only a fairly basic model too! Come on Ford, get with the programme - a family orientated car like the CMAX should have this sort of thing as standard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts