Ford C-Max Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah - it'll be worth it. It was funny because it was exactly 12 months since I got the car that I finally got the jobs done. A few auto electricians quoted be silly money to take off all the doors and boot to locate the issue.

I did some research on here, got some pointers and had a think. Now, the issue with the alarm and the boot opening was only in cold and damp months - so I figured that water was getting into the boot switch - the part was not expensive and I had it all fitted for about £50.

I love the car... I hate the "BBBEEEEEEPPPP.... Luggage compartment open" or "BBBBEEEEEEEPPPP... it's cold outside!"

Damn computers.... I tell you what though, out of all the cars I've had - CMAX is the most stubborn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of what the switch looks like - or where it's located?

I'd like to try and have a look at it myself before I take it to a garage tomorrow.

Cheers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, been having problems with my alarm intermittently going off mainly at night, have you fixed your problem if so what was it.?

thanks

bri...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, my previous message was for madmumies, but anyones elses comments welcome. I have had suggestions to check battery.

thanks

bri..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Bri

Mine seems to have stopped...for the moment. It was Easter weekend and I couldn't take it until the Tuesday and by the time Tuesday came, it had stopped going off!

It initially started after the MoT (so after the bonnet had been opened). It came back again (briefly) the other day after I had new front brakes fitted (so maybe the car doesn't like garages.....
)

Whilst it is behaving itself, I will leave it. I know mine wasn't the battery as I had a new battery about two months before it all began.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

Further to my initial posts and replacing the boot switch, I can advise that my car now seems to be very happy. The issue with the alarm going off at stupid hours of the morning, and other "Bonnet Open" and "Luggage Compartment Open" warnings are a thing of the past.

For me - it's clear the boot switch was faulty. When I was doing my research I found a lot of people were saying that the seal isn't very good and lets water in - causing the fault. They suggested replacing (or drying with a hair dryer) the switch and pump loads of kitchen and bathroom sealant into the housing... I asked the guys at Panelcare (top shop for car repairs in Rochdale) to do just that and it's spot on.

I hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone,
an update on my alarm intermittently operating.
All has been OK for the last couple of months , found small piece of plastic missing from inside of passenger door(approx 1" x 5")allowing access to inside of door, resealed this with some electrical tape.

The alarm could possibly have been due to water ingress due to a visit to a hand car wash with power washes , as I said previous all now seems OK. Will post more messages if fault reoccurs . Hope this will be of some help for others if they have similar problems.

thanks
bri...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I find the information above are very useful.

My C-Max (2004) was in the similar situation as Mistachesta. The message of 'Bonnet door open' and 'Luggage Compartment Door Open' and constantly beeping. There were couple of nights the alarm went off in the 1am, 4am.....I did not know what to do until I found this forum and the information regarding the moist and damp on switches.

As a temporary measure, in the middle of the night, I drove the car around until the engine warm up, which I think that would help to get the damp and moist off in certain degree, and it worked in two nights out of two alarm incidents.

For a permanent measure, of course to replace those switches. Initially I was thinking to safe money and get it done by myself. Rang up Ford for quote.

Bonnet latch (4895286) - £59.11
Boot switch (1346324) - £38.70 (both VAT inclusive)

Eventually I sent the car to local garage because I have some other issues needed repair. The local garage charged similar prices for the parts, of course with labour on top. Each item approx 0.5 hour labour.

So I hope, whoever is looking for DIY, this message would be useful. Good Luck

Oh, almost forget, the car is ok now. no more messages and alarm in the middle of the night. I can not sleep well.....ZZZzzzzz.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, You can sleep well until water and moisture again corrode the microswitch and then you'll have to do it all over again (either buy a new boot switch) or replace the microswitch in DIY. Common problem with C-Max. I replaced mine already 2 times and are now doing a 3rd time in DIY.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts