Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our 2014 C-Max last Aug, Aircon was not working and the said they would re-gas it, but we didn't really test it properly and now Aircon not working.

Today looked under bonnet and removed the a/c cap and pressed the valve and it hissed for a second then all pressure was gone. So even with only hissing for a second could I assume the system is sealed and that I don't need a pressure test.

I have been quoted £95 for test then £99 for fill. Advice please?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My quote was Bristol street, but when you ring its a national reception then they ask where you are, then transfer you and then speak to someone who does not seem sure what they are looking at (I assume a list of prices) not someone who knows what the job entails.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Tom,
I'm not necessarily a fan of Qwik fit, but maybe you should bear them in mind. If I remember rightly, they offer a no fill, no charge deal - for where your system might not hold pressure . I think that included putting a vacuum on the system. It was around £100 a couple of months ago - for the latest r1234 gas.
I did have a problem with low gas - not having sufficient to trigger the compressor. I ended up using a DIY can - which worked, but is a bit hit and miss when your trying to work out the correct weight of gas in the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts