Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my air conditioning condenser replaced 2 years ago and regassed which took 3 visits to the garage. The first time was to regass the ac containing a dye so that they could trace the fault, the second time was to find the fault, and the third time was to actually replace the condenser. A total cost of £400. I have now come to use the ac again in the "warm" weather only to find it has broken again. I suspect it is the condenser again and a stone been flicked up and has put a hole in it again. £200 a year for ac seems a bit expensive so I am going to be built a mesh protection layer behind the grill and bumper, to try and stop any stones hitting the condenser. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The fins on both the condenser and the intercooler look very damaged from stones.

Has anybody else had the same problems?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sorry to hear the news.
It's the first time I have heard this. I do keep the air con going most of the time as it's great to clear the screen and the car and also keeps the AC lubed up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've had a new pipe on mine which cracked ata welded joing (quite a long bit of pipe) and then needed a new condensor. This might become one of those "knownproblems" for all C-max that you see on Honest John... hopefully your solution will work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi all we have just had our air con on as it is a bit hot and i must say it is rubbish it just does not blow hard enough to cool the whole car even when on 4. the blower just seems toweak and we evenhad a regas about this time last year. we have used the air cononce or twice each month as we were told to but it is still no good so before i go and get a regas again was hoping that its not just my car with a rubbish weak fan.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Might be re gas again.
Had mine on last night on the way to work and had turn mine down (or up depending on how you see it!)as it was becoming too cold

·
Registered
250 Posts
No, glad to say that the air-con in my 54 plate is working great as is the blower at all settings. Use it more or less all of the time at the moment, and plenty good enough to blast the cold stuff right to the back. Therefore definitely something wrong with yours, as I think the heating/fan/air-con/de-mister, etc, set up is one of the really good points of the car. The air-con gets chillier than the wife on a bad day. She definitely doesn't need re-gassing

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
didn't we have the question of weak blower fans before and didn't we get it down to the dust filter being at least partially blocked?

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks for all the info, i will have to see about changing the filter and see how it goes before iget a re-gas.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi all
one of my mates at work has told me to use a air con bomb
to clean the system of all the bugs once i have put in the new pollen filter, i must admit to not hearing or using one of these bombs before, has anyone used one and if so did it make any difference and which make did you use?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My air-con has stopped working as well. So the wife dropped the c-max off (2.0tdci) this morning and the bad news has just come in: hole in condenser. CHF 800.- for change and regass... Where is the condenser placed and is there any wayof protecting it? The car is just over 4 years old and this is the 1st problem with the airocon we've had and I was hoping to avoid having a similar problem again one day.
Feed back would be greatly appreaciated!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I had mine regassed & some dye put in last week,now it seems to have slowly started blowing slightly warm again.I`ll be taking it back on Friday cos tomorrowanew enginecooling fan is being fitted.
MM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh god, I hope they manage to fix it by Friday. I'll leaving then for two weeks in south of France (Camargue)... Would not want to have to face the trip without aircon!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just found out my condenser has a hole in it too and it will cost well over £200 fitted even at non Ford garage. Too much just before summer hols so might look at fitting it myself. Has anybody done one as it looks a bit of a 'B' to get at?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Got the new cooling fan fitted,but the air con is blowing warm again.Going back to the guy who gassed it for me ,but I suspect the condenser has a hole in it.

Does anyone know the part number for the condenser & how much one would be ?
All info GREATLY needed.
MM

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Fraud want £229 + fitting,but found a local guy who runs an auto air con franchise & got a new one from him for £98 inc vat delivered.
Gonna ring him now to find out when he can fit it for me.
Any one needs any air con parts or work, go to
www.coolcaraircon.co.uk
MM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts