Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have got an 2004 TDCI model and over the last few weeks noticed that the air con wasn't working as weel as it should.
Brought it to a garage to get re gased which seem to have worked. But then the next day it stopped again. The garage said that it was the condinsor that had gone, I thought if this happen that it wouldn't work at all if it was re gas.
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
615 Posts
yes i hadthis problem 2 weeks ago my air con just stoped working altogether i needed anew condinsor the air still came out cold but not as cold as it shouldi have also had to have new air con pump recently that to made my air con not work aswell

michael

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help.Did you have a leek from the air con pump or was it just the condinsor? How much did it cost for your condinsor because every where I am going are telling me how difficult it is to get one and giving me prices that keep increasing.

·
Registered
615 Posts
hi mild 1 i dont know about the pump as the first time my air con just stopped working so i took it to ford and iwas told it was the pump that needed changing as for the condinsor yes the condinsor had leaked i dont know if this is a sign of a leak and if it may help you but my headlight at the back is now melted and white in coulour as the gas leaking out has melted itthe price i do not know as i was very lucky and whe buying my car i got a free used car warrentyso i did not have to pay

·
Registered
615 Posts
hi mild one i dont know if you have ebay but there are 3 new condinsors for sale on there
the prices are £116 with 4 days left free p&p
£105 with 28 days left £8.95 for P&p
£113 with 16 days left £9.80 for p&p
i just typed in c max condenser in search i hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts