Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to my brothers in Herts last night with no air con working.
Got it checked out this morning before leaving for GoodWood,there was no gas in the system,but when filled worked OK,problem then & now the engine fan does not work,the compressor for the air con clicks on/off ok.I rang my mate back home who is an auto electrician & he has said I can drive the car,but,if I have the air con on, I MUST turn it off if in traffic.
I will be home Monday afternoon & he is coming to look at it them.
While I`m at GoodWood,I have now "borrowed" a Lotus Evora
.Yep the new one with a Toyota V6.Goes like stink around the track
Anyway I don`t have to use mine & hopefully one of the mechanics I know here might help out with the fan until I get back home.
MM

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Just had a look at the electrical TIS
From 412-03-00-006 If the A/C clutch clicks in OK then F27 and F35 would seem to be OK

From 303-03D-00-02 there is a 60A fuse at F1 that controls the engine cooling fan and from the rest of the same diagram it appears that there is only one cooling fan for both engine and air conn

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuse box under the bonnet was checked & ok,is the 60A on the inside fuse box?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
the TIS shows it in the battery junction box close to the Heated front screen relay
The box is apparently basically regtangular in shape with an angled left side with a bolt down retaining foot made into itand an indented area to the right hand side of the front edge
F1 is the fuse at the bottom (front) left hand side as the box is laid out

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All fuses ok,so it could be the coolant temp switch or even the fan motor.
Thanks for looking Richard.
MM

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
The coolant temperature sensor and the A/c high pressure (for when it gets hot)switch are in parallel on the earth side of the motor so probably not the switch itself
Your auto electrician ought to be able to see if there is voltage to the motor though I would think and perhaps also bypass both switches to see if the motor runs at all

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fault diagnosed as P0691,Generic Fan 1 control circuit.In other words the cooling fan relay.
Just got back from GoodWood,car ran great and I got 57mpg over the whole trip.
Checked the coolant level before I left this morning and again just now and it`s not lost a drop.Anyway,electrician coming round about 2.30 today to fix problem.
MM

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Electrician looked for the relay & there is not one
.The motor,fan & cowling come in one piece with built in relay (grey box at bottom right as you look down from the front)You have to replace the whole thing but it is £95 +vat.All connectors & clips are real buggers to get at unless you put the car on a hydraulic ramp & work from below.I have ordered a new Coolant temp switch too (£19 + vat).
Will be fitting these on Weds.
I have found out that the fan has not been working since I got the car (23 months ago) & who knows how long it`s been U/S before that !!!
Anyway it`s being sorted now.
MM

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the call to say parts were ready to pick up,so went down & guess what,they had ordered the heater fan motor
Now got correct one ordered but it`s £185 +vat
$%%$£" Dealers
MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts