Ford C-Max Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes you had to pay his excess? not the excess on your policy?
This happened to me once. I was asked to collect the car but then they said I had to pay the other guys excess.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes you had to pay his excess? not the excess on your policy?
This happened to me once. I was asked to collect the car but then they said I had to pay the other guys excess.
No mate I had to pay the excess on my own policy because at the time both insurance were still working on a settlement . But because his insurance has wilted and admitted full liability and agreed to pay out 100% I've now been told by the solicitors referred to me by admiral to go after the 400 quid I had to pay

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
That's pretty much ruined the poor lads life then eh?
Still, he admitted liability & for once the Insurance Companies stuck by their customers.
Let's just hope your car is right after this & doesn't have any hidden issues waiting to pounce?
Think you're right about the dash cam though...lol.
Ain't my problem mate if he wants to attempt dumb ass moves like that he deserves all he gets . Yeah I'm deffo gonna look at dash cams spend about £100 for a decent one

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
50/50. It's the typical 'lazy ass' option for insurance companies nowadays, who think that fighting for their clients is too much hard work
Yep they usually don't like fighting for their customers .Not this time though my insurance company fought tooth and nail on my behalf to get the 100% payout as my case handler firm believed the other party was in the wrong from what I. Explained to them and also the guy admitted to his insurance what he'd done I was prepared to take it all the way to the courts if needed and my insurance company told the third parties insurance that. They knew he was in the wrong and they made a 70/30 split offer in my favour within 4 days of the accident . I told my insurance company I'm not accepting a split offer of any kind cos that will yank my renewal premium up

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If the other insurance company admit full liability then you do not need a solicitor to get your excess back. It is usual to ask you to pay it when your car is repaired and the insurance companies are arguing but you should get it back as soon as they agree liability (if it theirs).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Everyone's insurance goes up every year mate.

I've done online quotes with the accident stated as non fault on my part and it's coming back lower than what I paid last year
I'm sure you're right mate, however, most insurers include a risk weighting when someone has been in an accident, irrespective of fault.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts