Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've got a 2011 2.0 tdi powershift which had been great up until a few days ago. The problem is intermittent but more often than not, after a few minutes of driving the warning chime rings out and a message saying 'tyre pressure system malfunction', then the low tyre pressure light comes on, as does the abs and traction control lights. When you stop it says the hill brake assist is disabled.
All tyres are fine, and I've done the pressure reset procedure.
It's booked into the dealer for two week's time as that's their first available slot.
Does anyone know what it might be? Am I right that this year of vehicle doesn't have in-tyre sensors but uses the ABS sensor to detect deflation?
It's strange as it feels a bit rough with slight vibration under the accelerator until the warning lights come on, then when they are on it runs perfectly smoothly - could this vibration be caused by something that gets disabled was the system detects the fault?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you change tyres recently? Are the wheels balanced properly? It could be the first thing to cause the vibration.
Thanks for the reply,I bought this vehcle just 3 months back froma second hand dealer and have not changed anything so far.i am booked with a mechanic next week and will update on the cause.My concern is that the ABS system is getting activated even on a normal road and ABS,typre pressure and anti skid lights come on at the same time.Now i can see a clear message "Tyre pressure sensor malfunction" dont know who is at fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts