Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. But I am well versed in cars as I'm building a 67 beetle from ground up. Well on to my wife's cmax she noticed over our cctv that the 4-ways (hazards) were flashing. She thought I had left them on. When she got to the car they had stopped but the fan inside was pulsing on and off plus the dash lights were on and the head unit. No one had driven the car in 17 hours so. Before I start to look and strip it to bits could anyone have a idea for me

·
Registered
405 Posts
NSF footwell, make sure all the plugs are clipped in properly on the fuseboard. People kick them unclipped and all sorts of weird stuff happens. Also if its a Mk1 then the dash pod gets problems with dry solder joints, giving it a smart smack test if weird stuff is still happening may prove if its that. Good luck!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Also worth checking your battery if the voltage drops below I think 12 v it sets the alarm and hazards off thinking some one is disconnecting the battery to disable it then uses it's back up battery to sound the alarm and I'm thinking the alarm should be sounding along with the hazards so that may be faulty and also the electrics does weird thing's with a low battery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts