Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the cambelt should be changed at 100k or 150k? I have rung several Ford Dealers and have various replies form yes change at 100k and no, not reqiuired untill 150k and you don't need to change itbecause it's a chain drive. The service says renew rear belt at 100k and front belt at 150k. I was not even aware there was a rear belt. To say I an confused is an understatement. Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Keith

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
This is taken from the TIS DVD:
The 2.0L Duratorq TDCi (DW10) engine uses the Siemens common rail direct fuel injection process.

The cylinder head is made of two parts. The upper and lower parts are made of aluminium and are bolted to each other. The lower section houses four valves per combustion chamber and the valve gear and camshafts.

The valves are actuated by means of two overhead camshafts and roller followers with hydraulic tappets.

The exhaust camshaft and the coolant pump are driven by a toothed belt. The fuel pump is flange-mounted directly onto the exhaust camshaft. The exhaust camshaft drives the inlet camshaft via a short timing chain.

The oil pump is located inside the oil pan and is driven by the crankshaft via an oil pump chain.

The vacuum pump is flange-mounted onto the inlet camshaft and is driven directly.

In short, yours chain timed but there some other belts that need to kept ok.
However, while looking on wiki, it would seem that from 2005, they "seem" to have gone back to belts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts