Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2018 c-max and the start stop function has stopped working. I’ve seen on YouTube a trick to press the fog light 5 times and hazard light 3 times to reset and loads of people said it worked for them. Didn’t work for me. Wondering if that means my battery needs replacing?? It’s not hot or cold weather, which I’ve read can effect it. Any ideas gratefully received

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes I would suspect the battery if it's still the original it's done well basically if the ECU suspects their is not enough amps in the battery it will disable it, most places do a free battery check.

·
Registered
363 Posts
In my opinion the battery shouldn't need replacing at 3 years old. I still have the original battery in my 2014 model and no problems although it doesnt have stop start.. On my previous car the stop start worked fine at 7 years old on the original battery.
I suggest you have a diagnostics check before investing in a battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both, that is helpful. I did think three year old battery is very new to need replacing. I only have done very short journeys for the last month or so, and then won’t drive for a week at at time. Wondering if that might have allowed the battery to be a little low. Next time there is call to I will see what happens with a longer drive. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts