Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have a problem with my front N/S brake locking up, I have had both N/S & O/S Discs,Pads,Calipers,Flexi-hoses,Wheel sensors, replaced cost £320, But brake still locking you guessed it ABS pump, Now has to go into garage, No warning on dash, It has to have a diagnostic to find out what part of the ABS unit is failing, Pump removed (Special tool needed) new pump or send pump away for refurb, Replace pump and then needs a diagnostic brake bleed to clear system, Cost I'm expecting around £400 total cost £720, All brake parts are aftermarket except sensors which I have no issue with & no labour cost, Hence £320, If all this work was done in a garage well expensive, When it come to a problem as mine research can save you monies

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think the hill-start system is involved. I have the same problem, and it seems that all the owners with problems have cars the same age - 65 reg. Looks like a component fault - presumably the ABS pump as you have found. Very worrying - I really don't want the brakes coming on on a smart motorway, or anywhere in fact!.
Pete 65.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts