Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have had the drivers front and passenger rear wheels breaks binding. There ok until I brake then they release slowly.
Any ideas on what it could be ?
AbS Module/pump seems to be the common problem ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have similar problem.: 2015 65 Plate 1.6 petrol: Front Offside Wheel break remains hard on. Caliper replace.. New pads front, both wheels. Break flex cable replaced. Signs of bits in break fluid. Flushing through fails to clear. Did your problem get fix?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys, i have recently had a couple of these come in to work and they both turned out to be the abs pump unit.
Hi
I have exact same problem with C MAX 2015 1.0 Ecco Boost. Brakes completely locked, today dropped it to local garage for check, so far they could not find a fault but my guess is ABS pump. Do you have any recommendation how to repair that unit, can this be reconditioned? If so, how much would that cost?
I will appreciate any advice.
Thank You

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Exactly the same problem on my 1500 diesel. Slow release on the brakes after the pedal is released; occassionaly lock completely but release when the brake is reapplied. No warning light or error code. A very good local garage have diagnosed a problem with the abs but lacked the diagnostic equipment to pinpoint more specifically. Full module and pump replacement £1300 so I'm obviously reluctant to go down that route. Anybody had a successful (and cheaper) resolution to the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Not a help but I wonder if all these faulty abs units are on cars that have had the brake fluid changed as per Ford schedule? or not. I'm playing devils advocate here but I wonder if purging new fluid through the system gets the piston in the master cylinder working on parts of the bore that may have rusted over time through the stroke being much less usually. Brake fluid being hygroscopic the water absorbed will rust where it can. So any damage to the master cylinder seals allows small seal particles to be released into the system during a fluid replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Take this seriously! My 65 reg C-Max began activating its hill-start braking occasionally when facing downhill. It became suddenly serious on the M5 when I had to touch the brakes, and they kept on - not fully, but enough to make me pull onto the hard shoulder. Two opposite wheels were hot, and wouldn't release. Got recovered to home (expensively). Garage removed ABS pump and sent it away for repair. Came back with same fault; sent to repairers again! Three weeks off the road. Not sure if it is fully better yet. The consequences of the brakes suddenly coming on on a smart motorway could be horrible - even fatal. I shall switch off the hill-start function when I find out how! This isn't a problem to be taken lightly! If anyone knows hw to switch it off, I would be grateful!
Pete. Bridport
65 C-Max.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts