Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at a loss. Had car serviced in November was told injectors needed to be changed. Hadn't driven in December and brought it to garage end of January to have the injectors changed. Needed AA to jump as battery was flat.
Car still in garage as they said after the injectors were changed it won't fire up. After lots of no contact and being told they didn't know I'm now being told that it could be a valve gone and will do a compression test to confirm but if it is that it's not worth fixing! The explanation was "it's like a puncture in the engine" I just don't understand, well looked after and I drove it to the garage. Anyone any advice?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the garage does not seem to know what they are doing. I would be surprised that an 8 year old car would need it's injectors replacing unless it had done an horrifically high mileage. I would say that injectors are good for at least 150,000 miles. The fact that they (the garage) had changed the injectors and cant get the car started is their problem. Either they have fitted the injectors incorrectly, not bled the air out of the fuel system. If you drove the car into the garage then it would not be a valve problem it's more likely to be a fuel problem or as I say the injectors have not been fitted corectly. I also beleive that when new injectors are fitted the engine control module ( ECM - Engine Computer) needs to be programmed via a computer diagnostic tool to the characteristics of each of the new injectors. There are numbers (settings) etched into each of the injectors which need to be programmed into the ECM.
Personally I would either go to another garage or involve the RAC/ AA (if you are a member) and ask them for their legal advice on this. You could also talk to the trading standards office in your area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes I drove the car to the garage after the AA jump started it for me. There is very high mileage on the car aprox 150000. I still don't fully understand but apparently the compression check showed that it's not worth fixing! The way he described it was it's like my engine has a puncture and to replace the parts is too costly that it's better to change the engine. A friend spoke to the garage and his taxi driver relative and saod yeah it's possible but I still don't get how because it was driving.

·
Registered
538 Posts
hi May so when the AA jump started it for you was it running fine when you drove it? no misfire etc.
also I'm assuming you had the cambelt changed at the correct interval? its very unlikely for the engine to drop a valve if it was just in for injector replacement. This is a relatively straight forward job to carry out. Did they follow procedure by cleaning the area around the injectors and replacing the necessary pipes etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was a little chuggy but drove fine. Ive no idea what the garage did.
Not very well up on cars, is the cambelt the timing belt? If so that was done.

·
Registered
538 Posts
hi yes the cambelt is the timing belt, I'm wondering if they made a mistake when replacing this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The belt was done 2 years ago.
I have people telling me the car drove there so can't be piston or valve issue but then others saying that it's just bad luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts