Ford C-Max Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Honestjohn in the Telegraph reports that the DSG can be troublesome but the dry plate clutch autos as used by VAG a few years ago are worse. There is no doubt that this box on my Grand C-Max is currently faultless and as good as a torque converter auto - and has six speeds. I get better mpg from this car than from any I've owned over the last 35 years (always autos - they're more civilised!).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a very low mileage 2013 cmax titanium 2.0 tdci auto that has as far as I know has never had a gearbox oil change. 13500 miles. I see the recommendation seems to be 3 years or 36000 miles. At 8000 when I bought from Evans Halshaw in January 2018 they said it was only a reccomendation. Any comments please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi all, been a while. I just wanted to update and say I'm not a taxi anymore. My C-max has done 88600 miles and the gearbox is still lovely. I never did find out how to change the gearbox oil myself and paid a garage to do it of me. Cheers for comments on this post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I recently privately purchased (Dec 2018) my first Powershift on a 2012 2.0 Tdci 70000 miles and was very disappointed with the performance when warmed up.
The changes were very harsh and there was a constant fluctuating of around 350rpms that had not been present when test driving cold. The seller wasn’t interested as ‘sold as seen!
The local Ford dealer advised a replacement g/box as cheapest option!
I took a huge gamble and had g/box oil and filter change (£300) as no record of it being done previously and relearnt box - what a difference lovely and smooth and no more rev fluctuations.
Not a cheap gamble but cheaper than a new box!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts