Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First time posting here so hopefully I have posted it in the right area.

I own a 2011 C-Max and unfortunately the DAB function on my radio has stopped all of a sudden. I just get the message 'Service not available'. Manual search and automatic search for stations does nothing. However FM and AM stations are coming through perfectly.

Can anyone advise if they have come across this before and what steps they took to resolve it?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

shauneyd

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Common issue with these cars. Mine used to do it and others have reported it. Best case is it will magically return in a couple of days. Worse case is you will need a new DAB module. What worked for me was to pull the relevant fuses from the glovebox area fuse board (I think there were a couple). Other option is to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes but you will have to reset your windows after that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello paule,

Many thanks for your reply. Apologies it has taken me so long to get back.

I have tried removing and replacing the fuses but unfortunately to no avail.

I haven't tried the battery yet but will try that when I get time to do so.

Many thanks for your post.

shauneyd

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get this periodically, seemingly especially after heavy rainfalls/snow, so I suspect water is getting in somewhere. I have had it lose DAB for >6 months and then suddenly come back. Over the years I have found the following:
1) Keeping the air-conditioning running all the time seems to help and have very little impact on fuel economy
2) Turn on service link and listen to FM alternatives that are also on DAB. Eventually you will hear a couple of seconds repeat (DAB always appears to be slightly behind FM) as it re-tunes to the DAB equivalent and then it will work fine...for a while!
3) Leave the car parked in direct sunlight as much as possible as that seems to dry it out and fix the fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts