Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I decided to replace the battery on my Ford C Max. I replaced the battery no problems whatsoever and went to start the car and the car came up with a number of faults. The first fault is steering lock engaged turn steering wheel, Second faults engine malfunction service now, third fault parking aid malfunction service required. I then decided to do the self diagnostic test, the following codes came up, C151_00, C140_00, C 200_00, C1 21_00, 1607_82, C1 31_00. During the self diagnostics, I checked the battery voltage on the new battery which was around 12.2 V. I have also noticed that the steering lock is not engaging. Any assistance in solving my problem would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This just happened to me today 57 cmax replaced with brand new battery had to bump start the car (no codes though just had no ignition lights) but runs now, but still not sure what it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a similar issue(s), alternator/smart charge will not put out 14.4v, only 13.8v, enough apparently to keep the battery topped up but not enough to turn off the Battery light and hence EPS not working. No one (2 x auto technicians) have been able to solve the mystery conclusively.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply, the battery has been replaced with silver calcium and replaced an OEM Alternator, there wasn't any problems with the previously fitted, but to be sure....... All wiring has been checked and new cables for good measure when in doubt, there are no errors recorded. The best Ford technician came up with was replace ECU as it "could be" a Canbus issue or EPS rack, as it is "Smart charge" it requires info from lots of sources apparently, ie 3 temperature sensors???? Why? Upto now i've got further that the Technicians, yesterday i managed to get the battery light out even with 13.8v so there's some light at the end of the tunnel, luckily i have the time and the patience (but not the money to throw 2+ grand at a couple of "could be's) to hone my newly acquired skills ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts