Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catalyst temp reading 99 degrees on both sensors on snap on live data engine won’t fire, do I need new lambda sensors or is this something else, no error codes coming up when you run code scan

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hiya you din't say what engine you have but that's a bit strange and unlikely both sensors would fail at once, but it should still start regardless.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hiya you din't say what engine you have but that's a bit strange and unlikely both sensors would fail at once, but it should still start regardless.
Sorry it’s a 1.6 tdci T1DB, it’s just had the engine changed due to the timing belt teeth shredding, had it start and drive once and now won’t start at all

·
Registered
356 Posts
It could be a number of things but no codes shown I would suspect air in the fuel due to a loose connection when the engine was fitted, I take it a new timing belt was fitted to the replacement engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be a number of things but no codes shown I would suspect air in the fuel due to a loose connection when the engine was fitted, I take it a new timing belt was fitted to the replacement engine?
Yeah brand new timing belt fitted, the only thing I couldn’t change was the fuel filter as the torq head have been rounded off everything else has pretty much been replaced, new crankshaft sensor fitted as that was coming up at the start, checked live data on scan tool fuel pressure is reading over 300 bar would you still think it could be fuel related ? I’m going to grab some easy start to check if it’ll start on easy start then that would probably confirm it’s a fuel problem, any other suggestions it could be ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Could be 300 bar of compressed air or a combination of fuel and air?
Yes if you have some easy start or wd40 and it runs on that then a fuel problem, also worth checking the glow plugs are getting power, recheck all electrical connections are tight especially injectors,you could also try a leak off flow test if one injector is letting too much fuel return (leak off) it starves the others and it will never start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck.
Thanks for your advice the issue has been solved now, the reason for not starting ended up being the crankshaft pulley, it has a magnetic like ring round the edge of the pulley for the crankshaft sensor to read, on closer inspection there was a piece missing so lucky had a spare with the replacement engine and replaced and it fired up straight away after swapping the pulley, all other issues disappeared after a code reset

1 - 11 of 11 Posts