Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jeez, wouldn't look right down my street at all. But I do like the idea of 177bhp from a 1.6 petrol engine. Will it come with a silly plastic tray full of water that sloshes around under the bonnet? Ooo, I do hope so.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Second thoughts. 50 years ago my father bought a second hand Morris Cowley. It looked like an inflated Morris Minor, for those who weren't around at the time. It had a 1200cc 47hp engine, a 0-60 time of 37.5 seconds and returned 20mpg on a run, if you were lucky. The new Cmax seems light years away.
Edited by: romseyraver

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mate,
You were robbed if you're dad was only get 20mpg....

According to this he should have been getting about 28mpg..
http://www.motorbase.com/vehicle/by-id/1084/

I was nearly as quick as the (26bhp) Fiat 126 I used to have when I first passed my test. Top speed of about 73mph (downhill with a strong tail wind)

I do wish manufacturers where braver when they make concept vehicles because it's frustrating whenthey change them so much before they go into production

I've got to agree about the 177bhp from the 1.6 though. That would be soooo much fun.

This is from FifthGear
http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?mnk=611&description=Page%201&featureid=1334&pageid=3206

Edited by: R7BKR

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The shape of the concept looks really nice.
But thank god it is just that, a concept!

Normally, I would cry for the car makers to make the concepts but this one just screams ££££ KerrrrrChing ££££.
Why? Look at the doors. Family car with young family in & out all day. It goes wrong. Wonder how much to fix that or perhaps plugging the car into Fords Cash machine?

The seats look great... but perhaps for the Focus ST and not giving the small ones a excuse to poke/prod things through the net into your back!!

Do not get me wrong, I am not a kill joy. This concept has been designed by designers who have yet to encounter sleepless nights, dubious smells and of course a empty wallet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts