Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, be gentle i'm new. can anyone out there help., i have a 2003 plate 2.0ltr tdci cmax, this problem (one of many i've had with the car) developed a few days ago, when started from cold been left for 5hours started fist time but ran rough struggled to idle, pressed the throttle a few times and this had no effect on engine note whatsoever. after a minute of running like that i switched off and restarted straight away, the car ran perfect.
a day later i started the car after been sat overnight and the same happened again, ran rough and no throttle response. restarted and all was fine again.

does anyone have any suggestions, greatly appreciated

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi and welcome
we have the same engine,the problem could be the throttle position sensoras when ours stopped and went in to limp home mode it was this sensor, you may just have a bad connection.ours went back to ford dealer to sort out asit was still under warrrenty, but as it was electical problem we still had to pay a bit towards the bill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, cheers for that, guess it could well be the throttle position sensor, it has never gone in limp mode, maybe haven't let it run long enough when it does it, i switch off straight away then restart. i'll let it run a little longer the next time to see if it puts it into limp mode, i have had it on a snap on solus scanner but no faults were flagged. thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most likley the exhust gas recirculating valve sticking, often happens with tdci, if dealer wont fix (they say they have to charge you 80 quid to put it on computor and then say theres nothing showing) try to obtain a tin of EGR cleaner and follow instructions to clean it. Did mine back in Feb and been ok so far, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Lack of diesel throttle response is unless I'm proved totally wrong just not something to be blamed on a faulty EGR valve. directly
Rough idle then yes that is a sign of the EGR valve or it was with a petrol Cavalier I had where I knew how to tap the "mechanical vale" to get it to shut and after several doses of copperslip on the valve stem I finally got it to work properly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts