Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, could someone tell me exactly the process of the system for cold start, i know the glow plugs but are there temperature sensors/ relays ect basically every switch/ sensor ect from start button to glow plugs because my 2,0 powershift knocks and rattles terrible on a cold ie below 4c start unless i give it throttle when it fires which is not good on cold engine. Ford diagnostic shows no fault codes on glow plug circuit. At ambient temps it is fine so i suspect a temp or airflow sensor but i am getting desperate for ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
This is from the manual in case you dont have one. Note Turning on the ignition and then pressing the starter after a pause.
Capture 1.PNG
Capture 2.PNG

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, could someone tell me exactly the process of the system for cold start, i know the glow plugs but are there temperature sensors/ relays ect basically every switch/ sensor ect from start button to glow plugs because my 2,0 powershift knocks and rattles terrible on a cold ie below 4c start unless i give it throttle when it fires which is not good on cold engine. Ford diagnostic shows no fault codes on glow plug circuit. At ambient temps it is fine so i suspect a temp or airflow sensor but i am getting desperate for ideas, thanks.
Thanks for reply Gerald, depending how cold i sometimes get the "start pending" after pushing button and sometimes it cranks and fires up but really knocky and rattles for about 5secs. I am convinced that something is not working but not showing a code but i would like to know how many sensors ect between start button and glow plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts