Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Driving home tonight after being stuck in traffic for an hour the car decided to lose power and go into limp mode.

Managed to get back but it wont go about 2,500 - 2,800rpm.

The errors I get when doing a diagnosis are:

Code: P0047 - Turbo/Super Charger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit Low

Code: P0691 - Cooling fan 1 control circuit malfunction

Code: U1900 - CAN communication bus fault

I believe the main issue lies with the P0047 code.

I have had a search around but can not find anything conclusive, all threads seem to start but never end with a true fix.

Any help/advice on where to start with this? I don't think I will be able to get it into the garage for a few days and need it for work!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hoggy bear,

Tried to clear the fault and it is always present.

Any one able to advise me where the turbo solenoid is on the 2.0tdci C Max?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*UPDATE*

Car went to the garage today, they advised it was electrical but needed an auto electrician to attend and take a look. It's not going to be anytime soon that i can get this arranged so does anyone have a wiring diagram of the loom that connects the Boost Control Solenoid up?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*UPDATE*

The plot thickens!

Garage advised Auto electrician

Auto electrician advised garage

So today the car went to the Auto electrician to have a look at, and they found nothing wrong with it apart from 2 error codes:

- Code: P0047 - Turbo/Super Charger Boost Control Solenoid Circuit Low

- Code: P0691 - Cooling fan 1 control circuit malfunction

Now, at this point the car is driving 100% with no loss of power.

So looking at this, the fault that has disappeared along with the reduction in power is:

- Code: U1900 - CAN communication bus fault

Am I right in thinking that U1900 seems to be the root of my issue with the C Max? All I have to do now is wait for the reduction in power to return and see if the U1900 fault appears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I faced the same problem, loss of power, P0047 and P0691 were detected, so I tried a lot with an Auto electrician, but nothing happened. Would you please share how you solved the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts