Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold starting anytime temp below about 5degrees sounds like a tractor without glowplugs working. Ford did diagnostic check when above 5 deg and found no fault codes and said if glow plugs were faulty it would show up on diagnostics, so could there be a temperature sensor or something else that could cause a relay fault or no excess fuel supply. Normal temperature starts fine, but cold I now have to rev a bit as soon as it fires or else it knocks and clatters terribly. An ideas please guys as I am tearing my hair out trying to find this fault. thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Do you put your foot on the clutch as recommended on start up, as this seems to reduce noise from a rattling dual mass flywheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you put your foot on the clutch as recommended on start up, as this seems to reduce noise from a rattling dual mass flywheel.
Its a powershift Gerald and just like it has a couple of bad glow plugs but ford wants about £375 to replace plugs and no guarantee that will cure it. I suspect a sensor /relay although it clicks or bad connection somewhere. The fact no fault codes are showing means it could be anything I suppose. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts