Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I put my ignition key in the barrel and turn to start the car the whole computer system fails I have to hit it on top on the side underneath the steering column just to order to start it sometimes it shows malfunction also if I tap underneath the steering column while I'm driving it goes off and on what I mean is the dial drops and then restarts again I have no idea what's the problem I'm thinking of taking it two diagnostic place for the cluster to be repaired it could solder elements must be broken a wire few of the copper strands has been broken in The cable has anyone had this kind of problem before will be most helpful

·
Registered
5 Posts
The cluster is a common fault on the smax not come across it on the cmax though have you tried unplugging the fuse box and disconnecting the battery and leaving it for 5mins with the key on position 2 resets the ecu

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes, not too hard a job. I did my Galaxy myself. Once the cluster is out and apart its an easy job if you know what you are doing with a soldering iron. It will be the joints where the connection plug joins to the circuit board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts