Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 04 2l diesel Ghia CMax for 1 year this week, marked by getting the MoT done.
Straight through the MoT with no advisories was a good result.
I've had one fault all year and that was the alternator failing. Not bad, all in all. The functionality of the vehicle makes up for that, plus its performance and comfort stands out over my previous similar spec Scenic. I had it serviced at the same time of the MoT as the MoT was free with the servicing (£150 all in - not really free then, but local Ford wanted £236 for the service alone, to give it some perspective.).
Nothing catastrophic to report, just felt like posting a CMax good news story

·
Registered
42 Posts
Feb 4th was my 1 year of ownership, its still like it was when I collected it.

Only thing i've done is change the oil, filter and air filter, still great to drive, and still can't believe it corners like it does for a high(ish) car.

Only downside is 32mpg, which is a bit poor for a petrol, but it is heavy (along with my right foot
) for a family hatch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
we have had our 2.0tdci for just over the year now but just before the warrenty ran out i took it for a service and mot at rapid fit but the day before said service mot it broke down. we had it towed to local ford dealer to sort out and it was the throttle position sensor which they did then passed the car over to rapid fit to do there bit, the car passed no probs. shame that two days after warrenty ran out there was a bad smell from under the bonnet turns out it now needs a clutch.
so we had it one year and two days before the clutch went we had only done 9k in it but other wise the car is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts