Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just bought some 18in wheels with 235 x 40 x18 tyres and just wanted to know if the tyres would be to wide for my cmax . They came off a focus . Tyres need to come off anyway as getting the wheels refurbished so could always go with a smaller width tyre . Have heard about steering rack limiters, some say you need them others say you don't. All a bit confusing

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have 225/40/18 on my C max sport factory fitted so I would think ok but obviously check lock to lock .also if that's a different size to what's on your car the speedo will be out, lastly if you have steel wheels you will need to change the wheel nuts for alloy wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 225/40/18 on my C max sport factory fitted so I would think ok but obviously check lock to lock .also if that's a different size to what's on your car the speedo will be out, lastly if you have steel wheels you will need to change the wheel nuts for alloy wheels.
Thanks for that 👍could always change to 225 40 18s ,just that the wheels I have bought came with 235s on them . Two are no good anyway . I've got factory 17 alloys on at the moment with appropriate wheel nuts . Will sort speedo out once I get these 18s fitted. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts