Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my c max 2.0 tdci ghia and at the same time treated myself to some 18'' ST rims. Although the wheels look spot on they are giving me a big headache!! After fitting them i was getting a shake in the steering wheel at around 70 mph so i took it to my mates garage and he balanced the wheels which were slightly out and i thought that may have solved the problem.....WRONG!!!! I have been advised that the problem may be because there are no spiggots fitted between the hub and wheel? Anyone got any ideas??

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi,welcome to the club.Sorry can`t help,but,if you have a look at some past posts,there are several about bigger wheels.
MM

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi Redwestie, i work within the wheel and tyre industry, and its quite a common fault people developing these imbalances, due to not having the spigot rings in place. Yeah the wheel nuts pull the wheelinto place , but not bang on central . Worth obtaining the rings mate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello mate,
My son bought a set of alloys for his Clio that had the same problem. there were on spigot rings on the rear of the rims. Once these were fitted the problem was gone. You should be able to get these rings that fit your car from any good wheel supplier. Then you wows will be over.
Its really a simple fix but wheels do need to be located centraly or you will get shake rattle and roll through the car.
Good luck.
Bud

1 - 4 of 4 Posts