Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just joined and would like to find out if the 1.8 LX is good for mostly running arround town with maybe half a dozen motorway journeys a year. With 2 young children the boot appears big enough and they want to be able to see out of the window. I've spotted a 2004 model with 40,000 on the clock.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
H79

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hello H79, and welcome.

My first thought is no. If you will be mostly driving about town with 'a dozen motorway journeys a year' you will find the mpg disappointing, to say the least. I have a 1.6 petrol and get 33mpg around town and about 40mpg on a journey. The 1.8 petrol is much thirstier. It looks to me that you might be better off with a 1.6, which is also cheaper to buy second hand. I picked up my 54 plate with 15,000 miles done for £4500.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Ill bear that in mind when I look. At the moment there isn't much avaialble where I live. When I find one that is in good-excellent nick then I'll way up the pro's and cons.

Thanks again.

H79

·
Registered
77 Posts
hello all,i've a 57 1.8ffv(flexifuel)zetec and my average is 37 mpg with a mix of urban and extra urban on my 26 mile daily commute-this has improved by about 4 mpg since car was new though-it's just passed 8k.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. At the moment I have a 2.2dci Nissan Primera. Unbelievable on the motorway but around town it's quite heavy. Hopeless for picknicks with the kids! I can't imagine the 1.8 will be as thirsty as my car before the Nissan. I had a 2.0litre Golf GT. I swear I may as well have just thrown money out of the window as I drove around. Great car but cost a bomb in all aspects...hence I sold it.

I appreciate you responce.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts