Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help - I have had my 56 plate 1.8 petrol Zetec C Max for just two months. It does get used for short runs combined with some distance work. The computer is giving me a reading of 23 mpg and after driving it with extreem care a tank brim test gave a return of 27 mpg. Its been back to the main dealer twice - they updated the soft ware and then changed the tank fuel pump as the car stalled a couple of times - neither of which have changed fuel performance. I have friends with the same model who talk of returns well in the mid to high 30s for combined use. I have searched the net butcan only find a few disgruntled drivers with the same problem but yetto find any real solution.I'm really happy with the rest of the car but its got a limited life expectancy with me if things don't improve !

·
Registered
615 Posts
I get about the same from my o4 1.8 ghia with 36000 miles on the clock. I took my car to ford due to this and I to had a software update and I also have had a number of parts changed. The fuel consumption on my car is still dreadful to this day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that - thats what I feared - the dealer is willing to have another go but tells me he can't tweak anything - if you have no managment faults you have to accept your lot. Amazing to me though that a 1.8 in this day and age delivers such a lousy return on MPG - makes you wonder where Ford have been for the last 40 years ? Cars may be safer and heavier but the old liquid gold goes through this Ford faster than any I've had before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 1.8 is around 31mpg, andmy driving style is 'enthusiastic', when I drive like a granny, I have seen 37mpg, but that was just plain dull, so on average I get 31mpg.

I know that is still poor for a 1.8, but no doubt being a heavy car isn't helping. Its only a couple of bags of sugar less in weight than my old coupe, and that had a 2.7 litre engine to move it about!!

Ford claim 29.4 urban mpg, so your not far out when you drive carefully!Edited by: tonic-cm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe - I could handle it if we can getinto the thirties -I've got a couple of long trips coming up so I'll see what happens then - I think I'm going to have trouble prising it out of the wifes clutches anyway - she loves it !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts