Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04reg C-max 1.6Tdi Auto multiple warning lights
1 On recent trip to Scotland a number of warning symbols came up on dash; red Ignition warning light, orange engine warning light, message – LIMITED EPB (!) FUNCTION and the orange warning light. Drove approximately another 120 miles – car drove fine no noticeable difference than normal. Managed to book car in at Castle Douglas. They carried out diagnostic check which showed 23 faults made any sense, these were cleared and retested no fault found. They also checked Alternator and Battery these were working OK. A complete mystery. Total cost £37 for one hour's work.
2 The Garage, Robertson Gemini Ltd, in Castle Douglas was marvellous they even provide a courtesy car. Very helpful people
3 What is most frustrating that there is no list of Ford Agent in the C-max Handbook. However, I phoned the number for Ford Customer relations –after waiting ten minutes for somebody to answer the call was cut short - credit on the mobile ran out.
4 Has anybody experienced anything similar?

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
I think that those who've had the limited EPB function come up all say that it is related to alternator problems

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I think ford rely on you going to your own local dealer or even have permanent internet access.
Both wrong I think.
Glad you got sorted by great garage
MM

·
Registered
29 Posts
i also went on hols last week to Devon drove all the way there 187 miles no problem,un packed got back in car 40mins later and orange engine light came on ,we phoned around for a garage and got a local one who put it on computer ,fault came up the good old egr valve,they gave us a loan car while they tried to get part ,in mean time we phoned a FORD garage to see how much they would charge £475 +VAT I NEARLY CHOKED ,an hour later garage we took car too phoned back ,we can to car for £270 ,what i said, £270 he replied ,do it i said ,what a bunch of B******ds ford are

1 - 7 of 7 Posts