Ford C-Max Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be very grateful if anybody could offer any advice on the breakdown of my daughters Ford C-Max 1.6 TDCI Zetec 2013. Last week the battery went flat away from home due to running the cabin fan for some time without the engine running. The AA came out & jump started the car & told to run the engine for about 40 minutes to charge up battery. After 20 minutes or so on tick over the car engine cut out. The AA were called again & she was told that the camshaft sensor was faulty & a tow truck was called to bring the car home. I checked the car with an OBII reader & there were no fault codes pending or stored. I replaced the camshaft sensor as that was what the AA had said was the problem but it has not seemed to resolve the problem. The engine will turnover but will not fire. There are still no fault codes showing on the ECU. Once the engine turns over several times it comes up with a message in the centre display "Engine Malfunction, Service Now". Any advice on what to check would be greatly appreciated.

Russell

1 - 1 of 1 Posts