Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My C-Max is a 54 plate 1.6 TDCi with automatic transmission, and it has just developed a problem with the gear shift.

Basically when in Park the gear shift cannot be released by applying the brake pedal, so I am having to mechanically release it every time I want to come out of Park. Other brake-related things like the handbrake release are still okay.

I have taken the top cover off and from what I can see to get to the rest of it, even just to see what is going on, the whole centre consul needs to come out - quite a tedious job.

Has anyone else had this or be aware of the problem? All comments welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yes mine went late 07 and it costs £390 to replace at a Fords, but see if Stephens of N13 can quote you, or leave it and it will be ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having exactly the same problem. It started happening this week, and it is very difficult to get it out of Park (bit embarrassing when it occurred after I had refueled my car and held everyone up!).

You say "so I am having to mechanically release it every time I want to come out of Park" ... how do you do this as I cannot find a consistent method to release the gear shift ?
Also have you managed to fix the problem permanently?

Thanks,
H

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found the answer to the problem with manually taking it out of Park (it helps if you read the manual). You have to raise the small hinged cover on the top right hand side of the centre console.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts