Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a 2005 CMax 1.6 Petrol. The fuel consumption is 33 MPG
. Is this what you would expect from a petrol? My other car is a 2.0 TDCI Mondeo with a fuel consumption of 46 MPG
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Max

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Max,
I too have the same model. I generally average 32MPG (Mixed driving/roads/traffic conditions). Today i got an average of 43MPG motorway miles (On board computer was telling me 44) Not bad considering the boot was full plus another adult and toddler

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yup, 33mpg around town sounds about right.  I then get 36mpg on mixed driving, and around about 40+ on the motorway.  Think on it this way.  7 MPG less than a diesel, true, but your car cost £1500 less to buy than an equivalent diesel, your petrol costs you less per gallon, servicing will be cheaper and I bet you will find fewer problems under the bonnet.  I do less than 5000 miles per year, so for me buying a petrol it was a no brainer.        
Edited by: romseyraver

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies - my wife uses the CMax and she only does about 4.5k miles per year so a diesel was not even worth looking into. Maybe I need to try it on the motorway and check it after a long trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts