Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The duratec engine spins - and I mean it really spiiiiiins fast right up to the red, which is just as well, as it saves this car from being a dog. It needs to be revved hard and the car responds well to a heavy right foot. Around town the car is really sweet and very lively. On the open road the lack of torque means driving differently than in a more powerful car, but I cannot honestly say that I have found myself without the acceleration I need, even in 5th. At 80mph it is doing almost 4500 rpm, however, which was disconcerting at first, at least compared to a 900 turbo, but I find the car quiet, nevertheless. Regardless, I find myself relaxed after a long drive at the 70mph limit and above, often with 3 adults on board.

Now, MPG. My car was fully serviced and the software updated at the time of purchase. My mileage is two thirds town and one third motorway, etc, and I get somewhere between 360 to 380 miles to a tank, or between 30 and 33mpg. I take this on the chin, considering the heavy right foot and the significant additional costs involved in buying and running a diesel, when I drive so little. I have no regrets over my purchase. A really good little/big motor.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts