Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my newbie introduction, I thought I would post my impressions of the Cmax 1.6 variant, purchased 3 months ago. I have not driven a large variety of cars, really only aging SAAB 900s, 900is and turbos. I did, however, also have a long test drive in a 1.6 diesel Cmax, but after long consideration the maths just didn't add up for me, in particular, to go down the diesel route.

What impressed me about the Cmax in general is the great driving position and very relaxing drive, due to the excellent Focus chassis and rear suspension. It has very direct steering, a light clutch, room for a left foot, a well positioned stick, and little or no body roll, unless one is being wreckless. I find it a really comfortable place to be. I take a 36" leg and can position myself perfectly, and then get into the back and sit with room to spare. On top of this there is the additional interior space, which is really noticable when compared to a normal Focus, with a more than useful space in the back when the seats are up and a furniture shifting space with them down. All this in a motor which is about two feet shorter than a Mondeo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts