Ford C-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all here in Gibraltar we have the option of this 4 cylinder engine with 150bhp and just wanted some advice if anyone has driven a cmax with this engine.I know in uk its not sold but you never know.

Thing is we have been offered the cmax with titanium trim,8"sat nav,ICE Feature Pack 10
:Navigation, Branded head unit, CD player, steering wheel controls, 8″ TFT multifunctional touchscreen, Bluetooth system with voice control and USB connectivity, aux, SD card slot, 6 low series audio speakers, SD card with Europe map data, dual AM/FM antenna, SYNC II

Easy Driver Pack - MFP15
Reverse parking aid, power-foldable mirrors, power front and rear windows with shot up/down on driver and passenger side, global open / close function, Active City Stop

Titanium Style Pack Plus - MFP9
Privacy glass, 17" alloy wheels D2YB7

all for £17,300 (tectonic silver) but with 1.0 ecoboost engine 125bhp.
Our friend a well known mechanic here in Gibraltar told us that people he knows love the engine and others regret buying such a small engine with 3 cylinders for quite a heavy car especially when going up hills (quite a few in Gib)and motorway steep roads as they have to reduce gears when ever they get to these situations.
He recommended we should go for the 1.5 ecoboost 150bhp engine which even though will consume quite a lot petrol will never have this problem with load in car,hills etc. this one will cost us £19,000 with same specs.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
hi
nice spec cars you have in gib take it they are rhd if it was me would go with the bigger engine always better in the long run
post up some pics what ever you decide to buy

paul

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Had one on hire for a couple of weeks and, to my mind, it depends on your usage.

For local town use the engine is plenty powerful enough and goes well from the lights. Where you really notice the lack of power is on long motorway runs. The economy, in my opinion, is nowhere near as good as you would think. This is probably because you have to work it hard. I was getting better fuel usage from a VW 1.4TSi on the same run.

If given the choice, the bigger engine will be much more relaxed on long journeys and probably return similar economy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts