Car seat safety PLEASE HELP!!!!! - CMAX Owners Club Forum's

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #1

Default Car seat safety PLEASE HELP!!!!!

PLEASE HELP.....
Last October I purchased an 09 cmax, it was advertised as having 'ISOFIX' but we discovered once home (car was bought in Yorkshire, we live in Manchester) that the the bars were there just not accessible... 150 later we have accessible isofix woo hoo........ Fast forward 9months......
I was involved in a car accident just over a week ago (non fault on my part) and yesterday the insurance company told me I have to replace both my car seats that were in the car at the time of the accident. I've been out today to buy new ones only to find out that there is NO anchorage point for the top tether which I need for the car seats I want to buy.
What I want to ask is, has anyone else come across this? And would I be able to have this fitted?? According to the manual it's on the floor of the boot? It isn't!

The manual also states under 'WARNINGS'
Only use isofix child seats we recommend
Use an anti-rotation device when using the isofix system. We recommend that you use a top tether or a support leg.
For a so called 'family' car the safety aspect is beyond shocking!

If anyone has experienced these problems with their car please let me know, I've now got to wait until Monday to find out if these anchor points can be fitted??

Cheers!
George03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #2

If you are on twitter then Ford service UK are there also & amenable to answering tech questions
Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

I'm not, but my husband is. Will get him to message them, thankyou!
George03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #4

Just wanted to add that if you find you need to make isofix points accesile agian in the future then you can do it yourself with a kit from ebay for 20 eah seat. I am not at all handy and I did mine this week, first seat took me 40 mins, next day i did the other seat in 20 mins. I was very proud of myself
Here is the link which helped me.
Retrofitting Isofix for a Ford Focus C-Max | Spinage Blog
jo-pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #5

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by George03 View Post
According to the manual it's on the floor of the boot? It isn't!
Is it under the carpet in the boot ? (need to look in mine later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by George03 View Post
The manual also states under 'WARNINGS'
Only use isofix child seats we recommend
Use an anti-rotation device when using the isofix system. We recommend that you use a top tether or a support leg.
For a so called 'family' car the safety aspect is beyond shocking!
that's just them covering themselves legally - all the car maker put similar things in the manuals somewhere

as above making the isofix bits accessible is a diy job - no need to spend 150 on it
Ford C-Max ISOfix Child Seat Attachment Kit - Parts Shop - FordPartsUK

all the isofix bases I've seen recommend either a leg or a tether

I'm told that lid on the secret compartment on the floor of the c-max aren't strong enough for the leg to sit on, so you just take the lid off and let the leg sit right down in the bottom (its not like you'll be using that seat for anything else while the isofix base is attached anyway)
other than that the c-max is pretty much the same as any other make/model of car I've ever seen....

me and my GF decided not to bother with all the isofix hassle and expence (120 extra for a base ) so we just use the seatbelts....